Sunday, December 31, 2006

Seventh Semester in Review

Agh! only one more semester of undergrad left. Crazy. This was an amazing semester. I am so blessed to have such awesome friends. This was by far the hardest, but most rewarding semester academically that I have ever had. I think almost every waking minute was spent doing something school-related. Not that I'm particularly efficient at doing my schoolwork. I had great friends to suffer with, though. The Matt, Danny, Emily, Katie, and Stephanie Sunday study parties were pretty great. With special guests such as Andrea, Johnny C., Luke, David, Jon, and Amber. I have a lot of good memories from that room. :) Below is a list of things I remember from the semester. Feel free to add any you might think of.

Semester highlights:

  • Nickel Creek live at Cain's Ballroom: "stealth mode"; basketball-sized stegosaurus, darts of humiliation
  • shugs
  • mafficking
  • Matt McCord Day 06 (okay, I wasn't actually present for that one)
  • throw-up parties (hmm...I wasn't actually present for that one either)
  • dragging Katie to Walmart--twice
  • Sunday study parties: Tootsie Roll artwork; alarm clocks in the ceilings
  • Matt practically living in honors again
  • doing the Boggle and Jumble with Danny in Lasers
  • living with Stephanie and having Katie right across the hall
  • Steph, Katie, and I freaking the rest of the girls in the hallway out by being chipper and talking in the bathroom early in the morning
  • homework-procrastinating walks around campus with Matt
  • artwork on the classroom markerboard (often courtesy of Miss Andrea): Pier One Targets Crate and Barrel with deadly lasers; the chemical structure of grillz.
  • snowcones in November
  • Fenway
  • Andrea's amazing hair colors
  • Tuesday lunches: boring Kyle; Torrey and Chase never existing at the same time
  • the Mizzou game roadtrip: "You just lied to everyone in this room."
  • thursday nights and the 6 hours that entailed: paradigm, learning about sound systems; manual labor :)
  • the never-ending thanksgiving break paper-writing marathon
  • Thanksgiving in Mustang: chasing geese, dr. mario
  • ice cream runs with katie at 11pm, followed by grilled cheese
  • my mom visiting and getting to experience the homework marathons
  • Valerie + math
  • spandex (andrea...)
  • Steph's birthday party: crazy 6 am (don't give her coffee...ever); all 15 or so of us singing "the itsy-bitsy spider" instead of "happy birthday"
  • hall party instead of studying for morning tests that are very conveniently followed by:
  • snow day #1: 3 movies, 2 trips to the caf
  • snow day #2: not a whole lot more
  • only one all-nighter
  • feeding a small country with my meal plan
  • finals week awesomeness: Not studying (of course) + Tombstone, Top Gun, and Indiana Jones. Do movies get any better than that? being done at 10 am Wednesday; Tuesday lunch every day; forward-biased ficuses; ice skating; not wearing tie-dye on the day that Kyle did
  • the "how is Emily going to get home?" fiasco that ended up working out just fine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THPECIAL GUETHTS!!!!!!

You loved the spandex. you know it.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm in about 1/2 of those. And one to add: Skippy. Enough said.
Oooh. And shugs