Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Books

Okay, so I was looking through some of my old blog posts trying to find something, but I came across this list instead (from June 29, 2006):
  1. Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe - Douglas Adams
  2. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
  3. 1984 - George Orwell
  4. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  5. Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser
  6. The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas
  7. The Chronicles of Narnia
  8. The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
  9. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  10. Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
  11. Ghost War - Steve Coll
  12. The Stars my Destination - Alfred Bester
  13. Tarzan of the Apes (and The Return of Tarzan) - Edgar Rice Burroughs
  14. The Things They Carried - Tim O’Brien
  15. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
  16. Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
  17. The Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury
  18. Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury
  19. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
  20. Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt
  21. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip K. Dick
  22. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  23. The Stranger - Albert Camus
  24. See No Evil - Richard Baer
  25. The Bourne Supremacy - Robert Ludlum
  26. The Bourne Ultimatum - Robert Ludlum
  27. The Battle for Christmas - Stephen Nissenbaum
  28. The Metamorphoses - Franz Kafka
  29. August 1914 - Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  30. The Lord of the Flies - William Goulding
  31. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
  32. Three Blind Mice - Agatha Christie
  33. Charles Dickens
  34. The Once and Future King - T.H. White
(I own the italicized ones. I've read the bold ones. )

Kyle, Ben, and I made this list in spring semester 2004. It was going to be our summer reading list. I failed. Actually, I think we all failed.

So, for anyone reading this post, my question for you is: do you have any book suggestions? Preferably good, worthwhile fiction books, or other books that you've read and would consider "must read" books. Apparently I've got lots of time on my hands this summer, so I should probably read more.

No comments: