Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Life, in general

Why is it that coffee never has the proper effect at the proper time?

I had coffee at Starbucks tonight. I probably haven't had coffee in six months. It didn't seem to keep me up then, but I'm pretty sure it's keeping me up now, so I might as well blog, right? Good.

So, my last post was in February. I'm a little impressed that it's so recent, however, that post was of little substance. Unfortunately, now that I've sat down to write this, I don't really know what to write about.

As an update to my previous post, however, I have a job at the FAA. I'll start June 1. That's exciting. June 1 seems to be a fairly important day in my life, aside from the fact that it always directly follows my birthday. June 1, 2000 was the day I started my very first job at the age of 14 and June 1, 2003 was the day I graduated high school. June 1, 2009 I will start my very first full-time salaried job. Crazy!

I have one final finals week. I have to make the best of it and make some new tie-dye. I wonder, if I become a professor, can I wear tie-dye to the finals for my classes to bring the students good luck?

Life is honestly pretty good right now. Currently, I have enough details about the next few months of my life to not be stressed out. It's good to be graduating and know what the next step is.

What else has been happening...? We're having Mandatory Family Fun Time in Columbia the week after I graduate. I christened it that, don't worry.

I went to Oxford to visit Andrea over spring break. It was pretty awesome. I'd like to go back. But they pronounce things strangely over there. I'm not talking about the accents, I'm talking about the fact that they seem to ignore consonants in the middle of words. Weird.

It poured down rain today. Norman flooded, as usual. They really need to work on drainage in this town.

So, this was really disjointed, but I'm tired now, so I think I'm going to go try to sleep.

No comments: