Tuesday, July 25, 2006

posty post post

Countdown to home: 11 days. Thank goodness.

Countdown to Norman (aka my other home): 18 days. Wow. Sounds so close when I put it that way.

I'm glad to see such enthusiasm for sitting in on classes. I was retarded when I was registering last Spring. I had thought about registering for Modern Middle East just in case I decided to take it, but I thought better of it, so I didn't (even though I could've kept it with all the rest of my classes). So, instead, I think I'm going to try to go to the first day and see if I can enroll. Then I'd just go ahead and get a history minor, because I really like history. Like, a lot. Ah, well. One more idea just floating around in my head....

So...I decided, based on the amount of not-studying I have done thus far for the GRE that I will not be taking it in the week I am home before I return to Norman. So.....who wants to take the GRE with me? Or at least, who wants to drive me to OKC? Any takers? Come on, I know everyone really, realllllllly wants to have "vocabulary time with Emily" every week. I'll let you guys think on that one.

So, I actually have to work these days, quite a bit, actually. It's rather weird. And rather draining. I wish I liked robots. Or that I understood dc motors better.

In other news, Naomi signed a lease yesterday and will be moving out in a couple of weeks. How weird is that?? Yeah, I know, pretty weird for all you guys who haven't met her...And she's also considering grad school in industrial engineering. doh! There you have it: all Weisbrooks are doomed to be engineers. I couldn't have escaped if I tried. Naomi is proof.

Okay. I'm going to go sleep now. Or read some Wodehouse. Or read about PSpice.

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

Ok, first of all: PSpice is the DEVIL.

Second of all, I hope I get to see you again sometime! (This is Sarah, Daniel's girlfriend.) I'll be in CS week after next... will you still be around?

Or, I'll be in Columbia the weekend of August 18-20... how about then? :-)

Anonymous said...

It is way weird that I'm moving out!

I love your blog's new banner...I wish I had a poster of that to put in my new apartment...yes, despite being way out of college, my decor might still be college-esque.

Emily said...

Nom,
If you actually would want a poster of that for your new apartment (and you weren't just being nice), it could probably be arranged seeing as I took the picture myself and therefore have the original file. I'd think 7.1 megapixels should allow it to be blown up a bit. It'll be an experiment perhaps...

Anonymous said...

Experiment away...I wasn't justbeing nice--I was being serious serious as well.