Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Old Cold Coffee on the Dashboard

I took the GRE yesterday. I was pretty pleased with the results, which means I don't have to think about taking it again. Most excellent. Now I just have to figure out whether I'm taking the physics GRE in April. Unfortunately, I think the answer is "yes".

Yesterday afternoon I went to the mall with my sister so she could shop for jeans. I returned with no jeans, but I did find Super Scrabble for 50% off, which I immediately bought. I win.

Break is drawing to a close. I need to pack. I have a lot more stuff going back to school with me than I left with. I go down to Rolla on Wednesday afternoon and then I rendezvous with Ellen there on Thursday morning. I'm actually a little bit sad. This has been a good break. Having something to work on (i.e. GRE studying) has helped me a lot by occupying my brain. I'm pretty excited to get back, though. And I'm still really pumped about the 12 hours I'm taking. Hopefully it will actually be easier than last semester. If not, I think I'll be confused and then I'll probably cry. Crying is a typical default solution.

Semester goals: do less homework; be more introspective; work at correcting problems I notice with myself rather than just ignoring them.

Currently listening: Blinders On, Sean Watkins; Here to There, Nickel Creek
Currently reading: Out of the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good choice for music and books.

Jenny said...

I hope the semester goes the way you plan, or better! :-)