do you ever feel like a worst version of yourself. as though you knew if you could see yourself from someone else's perspective, you would hate yourself even more than you do right now. that you're screwing everything up and you just can't seem to stop yourself. that you do things you don't want to, but you don't want to do the things that you should.
i feel like a hateful, selfish, grumpy, mean, lazy, unmotivated, unloving jerk right now. i feel disappointed with myself and fearful that i won't be able to get myself out of this rut. but that's just it. i can't. there's no way i can. only God can. only by His blood. only through His saving grace. there is nothing i can do, nothing that i will ever be able to do that can make things better. only once i turn to God and admit my weeknesses to Him will i have the strength to become the person i want to be, the person he wants me to be.
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
-I Peter 1:14-16
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
-I John 3:1
2 comments:
This is one of those comments that would annoy me and strike me as unhelpful, but way to have a correct outlook on this-I always seem to forget that God can fix me. And not only can he fix me, but I cannot fix myself. I think I spend an outrageous amount of time assuming I can make myself better.
Keep on keeping on,
Cass
:)
Post a Comment