Thursday, June 29, 2006

reading list

Anybody remember making this list?
  1. Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe - Douglas Adams
  2. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
  3. 1984 - George Orwell
  4. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  5. Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser
  6. The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas
  7. The Chronicles of Narnia (1-3)
  8. The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
  9. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  10. Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
  11. Ghost War - Steve Coll
  12. The Stars my Destination - Alfred Bester
  13. Tarzan of the Apes (and The Return of Tarzan) - Edgar Rice Burroughs
  14. The Things They Carried - Tim O’Brien
  15. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
  16. Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
  17. The Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury
  18. Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury
  19. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
  20. Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt
  21. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip K. Dick
  22. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
  23. The Stranger - Albert Camus
  24. See No Evil - Richard Baer
  25. The Bourne Supremacy - Robert Ludlum
  26. The Bourne Ultimatum - Robert Ludlum
  27. The Battle for Christmas - Stephen Nissenbaum
  28. The Metamorphoses - Franz Kafka
  29. August 1914 - Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  30. The Lord of the Flies - William Goulding
  31. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
  32. Three Blind Mice - Agatha Christie
  33. Charles Dickens
  34. The Once and Future King - T.H. White

Wow, that was spring semester 2004. We were merely freshmen...

My progress on that list is as follows: I own the italicized ones. I've read the bold ones. Pathetic. Thankfully those aren't the only books I've read in the past two years...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the poisonwood bible this summer, and I thought it was an amazing book. Not that those other books aren't good, too, but the poisonwood bible is better.

Emily said...

I'll have to look into the Poisonwood Bible. I saw someone reading it the other day (before I read your comment) and thought, "hmm...I should read that book". So, maybe I will.